As you take a look at my very interesting and creative portfolio, you will notice all of the different types of artwork that I have done throughout this second semester. Beginning with the Quilt squares, the first project of this semester, and ending with the Panning and Blowout photos, which were the last projects posted this semester.
As I begin to describe the pieces of artwork, I could honestly say I was the most successful with my design of the CCHS Student Handbook for the upcoming year. It took a lot of work trying to find the perfect pictures for this design. I had to take pictures of people without IPods, cell phones, food, or anything else that is considered to against school rules. On a campus full of teenage students, that is practically impossible. I was able to get it done and my design ended up being the one chosen to be printed out for the 2010-2011 school year. On the other hand, I can easily say I struggled with my surrealism project. I had all the ideas in my head but it was just too hard for me to put them all together. So it didn’t come out exactly how I had hoped for. I know one thing that I could improve on is my blending and levels of my artwork. Sometimes it seems like my work is all over the place and it’s hard to figure out where it begins and ends.
My favorite tool this year was the Gaussian Blur. I love that it gives the subject a glow. This makes it seem like I’m the best at what I do. I most certainly will use this tool in the future. I plan on being a sports photographer so when I catch snapshots of athletes in action, the glow will add the extravagance to the photo. The subject would seem isolated and I think this would make the perfect action snapshot.
I can easily say that the quilt squares project connected to my life the most. It was based on my life. There was a quilt for my past, my future, inside me (how I see myself and nobody else but me knows), and outside me (how other people see me on the outside. Things like my personality, ect.) I can say my life affects my view on the world greatly. I see the world as cruel and unjust so that’s what my artwork portrays. I don’t trust anyone but myself and I plan on keeping it that way. You can see that in my work.
I can honestly say I relate the most is Leibovitz because I tend to bring out the definition of the pictures that I am taking. I can give a good description of the subject just by taking the picture allowing you to get to know the subject better. I have seen improvement in my Photoshop use. I came into this class as a rookie never even heard of Photoshop. Eventually, I got to the point to where multiple people have seen my work and asked me to make things for them. I even was asked to make the artwork that is going to be on our track team’s t-shirts and sweatshirts. I came a long way in Photoshop. The most meaningful project has to be the quilt squares. This is simply because it is an in-depth view of my life. It’s how I see my past, my future, how I see myself, and how other people see me. It’s pretty much a good view of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment