Friday, November 13, 2009

Social Issue "BLEEDING INTERNALY AND OUT"


In my picture, there are two innocent young high school teenagers that were supposed to be best friends. As you can see in the photo, one of the girls is carrying a bloody knife as she walks away looking back in envy and despite of the other girl, showing that she has just betrayed her best friend that really trusted her. The other girl has a knife jammed into her back symbolizing being betrayed by who was supposed to be her best friend. If you look into her face, you can see the pain and agony that she is suffering physically and emotionally as she tries to look back but is unable to.

The fact of the matter is that many people have best friends, but are they really your best friend is the question… Can you trust them to watch your back or never trade on you? Many people would say yes to that question but the truth is “we live in a world where even best friends can’t be trusted. It’s ok to have a best friend but you should always stand guard and watch your back because the person who you say is your friend could very well be the person that would stab you in the back to get what they want. I know this because I have experienced this once. I had a best friend before I moved to Arizona. Right before I moved, he “my best friend” tried to mess around with my girlfriend. Eventually, she told me, but that one little thing caused me not to trust any one person as much as I did ever before.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Tae. I really like your picture idea. It is your statement that needs work. Your picture is visually expressing the idea of being stabbed in the back... and we all know that when we are stabbed in the back, its by people we trust. So your statement, doesn't need to explain that, your picture already does it brilliantly. So your statement should give us a twist that allows us to think a little deeper about the concept. Understand?