Monday, September 21, 2009

PORTRAITS

I think the most successful portrait was the artistic portrait. My goal was to use one compositional trick that I learned so far this year, and I managed to fit in 4 compositional tricks, Framing, Leading Lines, Light, and Rule of Thirds.

In my artistic portrait, I used the feeling of being trapped in a box. My subject/partner is locked behind bars in a solitaire setting which makes her seem locked down, forcing her to view the world from behind bars.

The prop and costume that I used was a car racer suit and helmet. My partner loves to drive race cars so I believe that these props fit her perfectly. It tells you everything you need to know about the subject. I think the picture came out good, besides the bottom left where couldn't crop out that extra part without cutting out part of the picture.

My surprise picture is different because its original and it has meaning. It’s not a snapshot. It has 3 compositional tricks that we have learned so far. It has leading lines and the shapes that the light and the shadows make, makes the picture even cooler.

I liked the surprise photo that I took because the light creates cool shadows and shapes. It brings out the picture more and the shadows/shapes creates framing in the picture which makes it even more unique. I think the surprise picture is my favorite one.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Tae- you continue to impress me in all your work. I appreciate the thought and effort you put into every project. Keep up the awesome work!